Patient Check-In Information
All University of Minnesota Dental Clinics are with enhanced measures in place to limit exposure and potential spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Our staff will contact patients to reschedule appointments that were postponed due to the pandemic.
Emergency care services are available during this time. If you believe you have a dental emergency, please call 612-625-2495.
There will be new check-in and appointment procedures in place for your appointment. These include:
Patient check-in now includes:
- Additional security checks in Moos Tower. Please bring a copy of your identification (driver’s license or other photo ID), and a confirmation of your appointment (a copy of your appointment reminder text, email or postcard confirmation). We can confirm your appointment on-site if you aren’t able to provide a copy.
- If you come in on the second floor through the tunnel from the Washington Avenue Parking Ramp, please proceed to the third floor check-in.
- Our scheduling staff will ask you screening questions prior to your appointment. You will be asked to answer those same questions again when you arrive for check in, and again once in the treatment room. This is mandated by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
- Your temperature will be checked upon entering the building. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will have their appointment rescheduled and will be referred to their physician for COVID-19 testing.
- Please bring a photo ID and insurance card to the appointment.
For the safety of all:
- We ask that only the patient attend the appointment. Exceptions include parents/guardians accompanying children and people providing mobility support. Any additional visitors will either be asked to exit the building or the appointment will be rescheduled.
- Please maintain social distance of 6 feet from others and wear a mask when in the building.
- If you or anyone in your household has a fever and/or respiratory symptoms, or if you or anyone you have been in contact with has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you call and reschedule your appointment.
Also, please remember to bring a copy or text of your appointment confirmation to the Washington Ave. Parking Ramp and Moos Tower.
We appreciate our patients and we are committed to providing you with the excellent dental care you have come to expect from the School of Dentistry!
DO I HAVE AN ORAL HEALTH EMERGENCY?
If you believe you have an oral health emergency requiring immediate care, please review this checklist first.
- Do you have uncontrolled bleeding from your mouth?
- Do you have swelling in your mouth, upper or lower jaw or under your tongue?
- Do you have difficulty breathing from swelling in your mouth, neck or jaw?
- Are you unable to eat or drink due to oral pain to the point where you are becoming sick and physically weak?
- Do you have new difficulty opening your mouth due to pain and swelling?
If you answered yes to any of these five questions, you have an oral health emergency. Please call 612-625-2495 to speak with a provider.