TMD, Orofacial Pain and Dental Sleep Medicine Clinic
Open for patient care:
Providing care in-person and remotely, using telehealth for Minnesota residents while in Minnesota.
We strive to achieve the highest quality of care for patients with TMD, orofacial pain and dental sleep medicine conditions. This involves an interdisciplinary team to help patients achieve their highest level of jaw function and movement, while reducing orofacial pain utilizing state-of-the-art treatment techniques.
At the TMD, Orofacial Pain and Dental Sleep Medicine Clinic, faculty and staff are involved in patient care, teaching and research. We provide care to patients with TMJ (temporomandibular joint), jaw, head, and/or neck pain disorders, including clicking, locking of the TMJ, difficulty using the jaw and atypical toothaches. We also provide care for sleep-related breathing disorders, including sleep apnea and snoring.
We are located on the 6th floor of the Moos Tower building in room 6-440.
- jaw, head, and/or neck pain disorders
- clicking, locking of the TMJ
- sleep apnea and snoring
- Donald Nixdorf, D.D.S., M.S.
- Eric Schiffman, D.D.S., M.S.
- Shanti Kaimal, B.D.S., M.S.
- Cory Herman, D.D.S., M.S.
- Estephan Moana-Filho, D.D.S., M.S., Ph.D.
ADA Recognized Specialty
On March 31, 2020, Orofacial Pain became the 12th ADA recognized specialty. The specialty of Orofacial Pain is dedicated to the evidenced-based understanding of the underlying pathophysiology, etiology, prevention, and treatment of these disorders and improving access to interdisciplinary patient care. A list of ADA specialties can be found here.
- Moos Tower Clinics
- Comprehensive Care Clinics
- Specialty and Advanced Clinics
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Advanced Prosthodontics
- Cleft & Craniofacial Clinic
- TMD, Orofacial Pain & Dental Sleep Medicine Clinic
- University of Minnesota Oral and Facial Surgery
- Orthodontics Clinic
- Faculty Clinics
- Campus-Wide Clinics
- Community-Based Clinics
- Research Center
- Urgent Care Clinic