What to Expect at Your Appointment
After calling 612-625-2495 to set up an appointment in the University of Minnesota Dental Clinics for you or your child, you will need to bring forms and certain information with you to your appointment.
What to bring
For first-time patients, please bring the following information with you to the 7th floor of Moos Tower. (The forms will also be mailed to you prior to your appointment.)
- Completed admission form
- Completed adult health history form or completed child health history form
- Release of Records form
- Valid Photo ID
- Complete list of medications you are currently taking.
- Insurance card (if you have insurance)
What to expect
At your initial screening appointment, a dental student with an undergraduate degree will examine you under the supervision of a faculty member, who will closely supervise the examination. After the examination, you most likely will be assigned to a dental student within a comprehensive care group for further treatment. You may also be referred to one of the University of Minnesota Dental Clinics specialty clinics.
Price and insurance information
Fees at the dental student clinics are generally less than the average fees in the Twin Cities community. Payment is expected at each visit. The University of Minnesota Dental Clinics accepts cash, credit cards, and CareCredit dental financing. The University of Minnesota Dental Clinics accepts most private insurance plans as well as Medical Assistance and Minnesota Care. For insurance and payment questions, please call 612-624-6110.
- The University of Minnesota Dental Clinics offers discounted parking at the Washington Ave. Parking Ramp, which is across the street from Moos Tower. Get directions here. Please bring your parking ticket for validation.
- The MetroTransit Green Line features a stop directly in front of Moos Tower. For schedules and stops, check out MetroTransit.